Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Car Repair Question

  1. #31
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Repair Question

    Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    I agree about going to NAPA and Auto World for the parts. But even I don't take my Dodge journey to Auto World for anything. I take it to Carl Gregory in Johnson City. They are without a doubt, the best place to take a Chrysler product to for work.
    So noted!

    Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    On a hunch, are you taking your car to the garage at the intersection where you turn toward UVA-Wise? Bad choice if you are.
    I go to a garage in Norton.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Repair Question

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    There's your problem, get rid of this part and replace it and you'll be fine.
    LOL

    1) it's paid for.
    2) this is the biggest problem it has given me to date.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Repair Question

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_elp6n View Post
    LOL

    1) it's paid for.
    2) this is the biggest problem it has given me to date.
    My GM loving friends talked me into buying a Blazer. I wound up at NAPA and Advance as much as I did Food City.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  4. #34
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Repair Question

    Quote Originally Posted by simple man View Post
    My GM loving friends talked me into buying a Blazer. I wound up at NAPA and Advance as much as I did Food City.
    My dad's 5 year old Silverado has had more parts on it replaced than my last 4 vehicles (Chryslers) combined. I believe his words on Christmas Day, as the thermostat went out, were: I will never buy one of these things ever again. Their Tahoe has had 2 transmissions and one rebuilt engine in 10 years.

    I'm just grateful mine is paid for, and I hope to get as much payment-free time out of it as possible.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Repair Question

    Dad had a Chevrolet wagon that ran almost 200,000- pretty much trouble free. Guy at work bought a Dodge truck and had it less than 6 mos out of the first year- rest of the time in the shop. I suspect they are pretty much alike, some run, some won't.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  6. #36
    Inactive Member ashane's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2011
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Repair Question

    for your car repair question, its time for cooling system class for you, chapter leaks or no leaks. the coolant can leak and not be immediately visible to you. there are engine parts that can leak only when parked and cooling down from running, the water pump has a weep hole that often will seep coolant while cooling down just prior to failure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •